Oblivion Hymns was met with positive critical reception and hit No. 17 on the Billboard Top Heatseekers Album Chart in 2013. Mike Diver at Clash magazine loved the album, stating that Oblivion Hymns is “…some of the most blissful music Clash has ever had the luxury of bathing in. [Hammock] has gone on to become one of the foremost purveyors of affecting ambient post-rock on the scene.”
Hammock is a collaboration between guitarists Marc Byrd and Andrew Thompson that developed out of informal recording sessions between songwriting projects. Byrd and Thompson initially had no intention of releasing their studio efforts. After building up a collection of almost 40 songs, however, they changed their minds.
More about HAMMOCK: http://www.hammockmusic.com/
1. My Mind Was a Fog… My Heart Became a Bomb
2. Then the Quiet Explosion
3. Turning Into Tiny Particles… Floating Through Empty Space
4. Like a Valley With No Echo
5. Holding Your Absence
6. Shored Against the Ruins… Drowning in Ten Directions
7. I Could Hear the Water at the Edge of All Things
8. In the Middle of This Nowhere
9. Hope Becomes a Loss
10. Tres Dominé
*Shipping fee is included.